The summer months are right around the corner, and that means it’s
time to think about getting your pool ready for some fun. Keeping a stagnant
body of water safe for your friends and family to enjoy takes some work,
so we’ve put together a list of tips to keep in mind to make sure
your pool is pristine and ready for splashing.
- Check the pH and chlorine levels at least twice per week.
- Clean out the skimmer basket at least once per week.
- Keep an eye on the water level to make sure it doesn’t drop too low
or get too high.
- If you use a salt system in your pool, make sure you keep a close eye on
the chlorine generator.
- Clean out the filter every few months – don’t wait more than
six months at most.
- Keep an eye on the water clarity in your pool. If the water is cloudy at
all, run a full check of the chlorine and pH levels before jumping in.
- Wipe down the tile line at least once per week. If you notice that the
water is leaving deposits on everything, odds are that the pH level is too high.
- Keep your chemicals out of direct sunlight, and make sure you don’t
keep your chlorine and acid near each other.
- If you notice cracks forming around the perimeter of your pool, caulk them
up as soon as possible. The sooner you jump on these potentially problems,
the easier they will be to stop before it becomes an expensive mess.
- Take note of the wildlife in your area. Small amphibious animals like frogs
often jump right in, and need to be removed for their safety. They often
end up in the filter, so be wary when opening up that grate.
- Make sure to run a full check of your pool any time it rains. Rainwater
can throw of the chemical balance of your pool water, which needs to be
- Wait at least 30 minutes to swim after adding in chemicals, four hours
after adding in calcium chloride, or a full 24 hours after shocking your
pool. However, it’s important to check the pH and chlorine balances
before using the pool again after adding in chemicals.
If you need some help getting your home clean while you’re busy out
in the yard, then you’ve come to the right place. Our professional
team of cleaners at The Maids Dallas is ready to put our skills to good
use and scrub your home until it’s spotless. Get a free estimate by
filling out our online form today, or learn more about the services we offer by giving us a call at (972) 471-9509.