Blue suede shoes have been a classy addition to anyone’s wardrobe
for decades, in no small part because of Carl Perkins’ hit single
that was later performed by Elvis Presley in the 1950’s. The singers’
concern for the wellbeing of their shoes shouldn’t be taken lightly,
because suede is notoriously difficult to clean, but that doesn’t
mean it’s impossible. Here are some tips to clean out unruly scuff
marks and dirt:
- You’ll want to buy a suede-specific brush to clean your shoes. You
can purchase one of these from a suede cleaning kit – oftentimes
your shoe’s manufacturer will recommend a specific brand of kit
for you to pick up.
- Make sure your shoes are dry before you begin your clean. Suede is incredibly
sensitive to water, and you don’t want to risk damaging them.
- Gently brush away any dirt that’s accumulated on your shoes. Make
sure you’re brushing in one direction, not back and forth.
- Now that the dirt’s off, use the suede brush to remove any scuff
marks by brushing vigorously back and forth.
- If there are any extra stubborn areas, grab an eraser and lightly press
down as you rub away at the tough spots.
- Protect your shoes from further marks by using some suede protector spray
– this step isn’t necessary, but it can keep your shoes looking
tidy for longer between cleans.
Keeping your outfit clean and looking sharp is an important part of any
night out, just like keeping your home clean is an important part of any
night in. Whether your schedule is keeping you from keeping up on your
daily cleaning or if you just want to call in the professionals, The Maids
Dallas is ready to help you get your house as clean as can be. Set up
an appointment by calling us at (972) 471-9509 today, or
get a free estimate by filling out our online form.